database for molecular biology

William C. Actus waverheuNSPAM at
Fri Dec 18 04:02:06 EST 1998

In article <36793D88.A20800E2 at>, Gil Kedem <gil at> wrote:
>In my opinion Oracle is a better choice than Informix for your project.  Oracle
>is the most widely used database in the biotech/pharma industries.  Also,
>Oracle is the No. 1 database company, and its tools are more polished than its
>competitors' tools.
>If you are interested in object features, try experimenting with the
>object-relational features of Oracle 8.

.. Give MYSQL a go .... Versions for almost every platform and most of
them for free ... easy html interfacing through PHP3 .... which is also
for free .... what else would you want .. :-)

disclaimer : no connection with both products .. just a very satisfied
user ..

Willy Verheulpen    Institute for Mol. Biology & Biotechnology
Brussels Free University             Scientia Vincere Tenebras
Paardenstr 65       B-1640 Sint Genesius Rode       Belgium
remove (nospam) in the address to reply ....