Corrupted Data files

brais at brais at
Mon Feb 2 00:01:43 EST 1998

In opening word perfect 6.1 for windows files I get a bunch of garbage
characters. After attempting to recover from backup I get the error that
says that the header is corrupted. What I would like to know if anyone
has had any experience with retrieving information under similar
circumstances. I have probably 100 files and none of them are readable.
Is there a utility available which can read and repair the header
information? Thanks in advance for any information or help.