Data Analysis

Malcolm Gillies M.B.Gillies at far.ruu.nl
Tue Feb 3 08:09:13 EST 1998

In article <34D70F00.DB4 at bender.co.at>,
Gerald Loeffler  <loeffler at bender.co.at> wrote:
>I'm currently in the process of getting my company to buy such a piece
>of software. I got the impression that S-PLUS my Mathsoft is being used
>by several people with success. A look at the web-page certainly looked
>encouraging, and so I decided to opt for S-PLUS.

I've had some success with the "R" package, which implements a language
very close to "S", as used in S-Plus (it's close enough that I managed
to port an S-plus extension written in F77 from the Statlib S Archive
without any problems, but I may have just been lucky).

R is free under the Gnu Public License. The current release is 0.61.1,
but I've found it to be reasonably complete and stable.

See:

The R Home Page

    http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/r/r.html

R FAQ

    http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html

cheers,

Malcolm
--
Malcolm Gillies <M.B.Gillies at far.ruu.nl>
PhD Student, computational medicinal chemistry