software to print protein structure images

Per Kraulis pjk at avatar.se
Wed Feb 4 13:01:57 EST 1998

chun ting zhang wrote:

> By what software (for PC) I can use to print out high quality
> protein images, for example, ribbons or cartoons.

You could try MolScript v2.0 which produces PostScript, VRML 2.0 and
Raster3D files from an input script and a PDB file. There is also an
OpenGL interactive graphics mode, and JPEG, PNG ad EPS image file output
formats, but these require additional libraries. The program is written
in C (ANSI), and reportedly compiles with GNU's gcc.

For more information, see the Official MolScript Web Site at

http://www.avatar.se/molscript/

where the documentation, license conditions (free for academics and
students) and distribution instructions can be found

/Per Kraulis