Sample organiser software
jgw.computing at zetnet.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 08:53:47 EST 1998
The message <1998012511425771355 at zetnet.co.uk>
from JGW Computing <jgw.computing at zetnet.co.uk> contains these words:
> Have you wasted lots of time looking for a blood sample you knew you
> had received? Or spent ages sorting samples into order, so that you
> can find them later?
> Then Finder! is for you.
> All you do is place your sample into a rack, then enter the sample
> number into Finder! When you want to find the sample again, ask
> Finder!, and it will tell you where it's stored. Brilliant, but simple.
> Visit http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jgw.computing/ to download a
> function limited working program, including a quick start guide.
> Contact JGW Computing by email to:
> jgw.computing at zetnet.co.uk
Later version now available on the web site. Changes include:
* sample numbers can contain characters, digits and decimal points
* range checks on all the above
* length of sample number increased to 12 characters per number
* more comprehensive bar-code entry setup
* limited testing of bar-code entry with new bar-code reader
More information about the Bio-soft