PC as answeringmachine?

Garth Williams garth.williams at zetnet.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 18:14:42 EST 1998

The message <01bd330c$67d0c040$LocalHost at aplusr>
  from  "joris" <aplusr at worldonline.nl> contains these words:

> Does anyone know of software available which can make a pc and modem work
> as an answeringmachine, including soundrecording (for instance in *.wav
> files)?
> I would be very grateful for an answer and/or a tip.
> Thanks a lot,

> Joris.

Hi Joris,

The Quicklink message centre software supplied as standard with my
USR sportster external modem about 18 months ago includes options to
set the modem and pc up as an answering machine. The modem includes a
small internal microphone which is adequate to record an answering
machine message. The software can be set up for multiple mailboxes,
such as "Press 1 for sales, 2 for orders" etc. as well. The PC can be
left on "listening" to the phone, and will respond to incoming calls ok.

Regards,

--
Garth Williams,
Worcester.