annotating EST sequence information with BLAST search output

Francis Ouellette francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV
Sun Feb 8 23:28:46 EST 1998

> From: d.adelson at prospect.anprod.csiro.au (Dave Adelson)
> Subject: annotating EST sequence information with BLAST search output

> Does anyone know of a program similar to dfblast, which
> takes the BLAST output and uses it to annotate the
> original query sequence?

Why would one one to annotate any record with information
which will be out of date the day it is printed?

I think we would want to discourage such annotations.

If you want to see what the record is related to, see the
blast similarity which are computed in dbEST or in the related
sequences to a record present in Entrez.  Loooking at
annotations which will never be updated is missleading,
and uninformative.

regards,

francis