Reading Mac disks in PC

Athel Cornish-Bowden athel at ir2cbm.cnrs-mrs.fr
Fri Feb 13 10:16:05 EST 1998

Anastas Pashov asked:

>Does anyone know of freeware for reading Mac disks in PC?

This shouldn't be a problem unless the Mac is quite old. (I don't remember
how old, but I should think more than 5 years, or pre-System 7). Any modern
Mac can read and write PC-formatted disks. So without any software apart
from what comes with the machine you can write information on disks that
will subsequently be read on PCs. You need to use PC-formatted disks of
course (the Mac can format them for you if necessary).

If you are talking about old information that was already written on
Mac-formatted disks, the easiest is to use a Mac to read them and then
rewrite the same information on PC-formatted disks.

Athel Cornish-Bowden

Email: athel at ibsm.cnrs-mrs.fr
Site map: http://ir2lcb.cnrs-mrs.fr/lcbpage/athel/sitemap.htm