EV distribution of

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at cc.huji.ac.il
Sun Feb 15 10:28:02 EST 1998

Hello,

Recently, there was a thread on this newsgroup dealing with assessing
the significance of a sequence alignment score using random shuffles. I
understand that it is generally accepted an alignment whose score lies 6
standard deviations above the mean of the random alignments is
significant. Can someone please email me references to papers explaining
the considerations for this method? Please email, as my News server
tends to delay postings for days sometime.

Many thanks,

Iddo

--
Iddo Friedberg