functional categories

Richard FREEDMAN rarf at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 21:53:16 EST 1998

I am looking for a database and/or software that will allow me to assign
functional categories (eg ion channel, GPCR, transcription factor) to
ESTs.

According to my reading, EGAD from TIGR, contains just that kind of data.
However when I downloaded the database, I could find no mention of
functional categories.  In addition, the database was small, only about
4000 ESTs, and had not been updated since 96.

Could someone point me in the right direction, or point out what I might
have missed.

Thanks much.