PICT for PC?

John Michael Sauder sauder at polaris.fccc.edu
Thu Feb 19 01:56:43 EST 1998

In article <34E43AAB.4C74 at somjunk.bbsrc.ac.uk> michael.baron at nospam.bbsrc.ac.uk writes:
>Anastas Pashov wrote:
>>
>> Could anyone. please, help me - I have PICT files but no Mac available.
>> Is it possible to view them in PC?
>
>All the PC drawing programs I have come across (CorelDraw, FreeLance,
>Harvard, PowerPoint) purport to import PICT files, although they do so
>with differing competence, depending on the PICT.
>michael dot baron at bbsrc dot ac dot uk

	If I generate an encapsulated PostScript file on the Mac that
has a PICT preview in the resource fork, is there any way I can transfer
this file to a PC and preserve the preview image?  I'd like to generate
EPS files on my Mac and give them to someone for use in Word for Windows.
Is there a free/shareware program for the PC that will generate a bitmap
preview that is viewable by Word/Windows?