Multiple sequence alignment software??? UPdate

Tburglin burglin at deleteTHIS.ubaclu.unibas.ch
Fri Feb 20 15:41:18 EST 1998

Tburglin wrote:

> Does anybody know of a good multiple sequence alignment software
> for protein and DNA that works either under Unix or on the Macintosh?
>
> I am looking for something like Lineup in GCG, but that has
> not this stupid limit of 30 sequences.
> gelassemble is not the real thing either, since I don't have
> sequencing projects

One of the recommendations I got was that gcg also made a custom version
of lineup that can handle many more sequences.
A request with GCG revealed, that there is already a lineup version
that can handle 200 sequences,  the command is
lineup_200

Thomas Burglin