Rasmol binary for Linux wanted

Kai-Oliver Schaefer kos at direct.chem.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Feb 23 07:31:53 EST 1998

In article <34E97DAD.D70BCE0 at bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>,
	Marc Saric <saric at bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>Jong wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem in compiling it(version 2.6 beta) in my new linux
>> box and if anybody has the binary, can you tell me where I can get ?
>What kind of problems do you have??
>
>I´m really not an experienced UNIX-user, but it was no problem to
>compile Rasmol under Debian Linux 1.2.4 and Red Hat. The only thing
>which restricts the use of Rasmol is, that you cannot run it properly
>under a 16bit display (it is compilable, but produces wrong colored
>images). You have to use a 8 or 24/32bit display.

Hi there,

I too had trouble compiling the program. There are some things to be
changed when compiling under gnulibc-2 (libc-6). Since Debian uses
libc-5, you should have no trouble.

I don't know wheather Jong uses libc-5 or 6, but if he's using RedHat
5.0, chances are high he does. Maybe he can be a little more specific
about the compiler errors.

Ciao,
	Kai

--
Kai-Oliver Schaefer
Max-Volmer-Institut f. Biophysikalische Chemie
Email: schaefer at direct.chem.tu-berlin.de
WWW :  http://direct.chem.tu-berlin.de
Tel.:  +49-30-314-21584