modelling software

Marc Saric saric at bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 25 07:40:10 EST 1998

Dr. Andrew Bahn wrote:

> analyse the homology of different transport proteins on the 2nd or 3D
> level. Are these programms suitable for these analyses? Or are there
> other programms available that do the same cost free and better?
2nd and 3rd level? Do you mean secondary and tertiary structure of the
proteins (forgive me this silly question -I´m not too experienced in
genetics).

If you are searching for protein structure analysis programs, you can
choose from a wide varity of free programs running on Unix, Win/WinNT or
Mac platforms.

I suggest Rasmol, Molmol, SwissPDB-Viewer gOpenmol, or ICM Lite.

See

http://cmm.info.nih.gov/modeling/software_list/sw_index_document.html

or

http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marc.Saric/

for listings and reviews of such programs (you will also find links for
downloading the mentioned packages).

--
Bye,

Marc Saric