GhostScript printing

Marc Saric saric at
Wed Feb 25 07:45:56 EST 1998

crosley at wrote:
>      24/Feb/98
>      Does anyone use Ghostscript? I can produce a figure on
>      my VDU but it won't print. I use Windows 3.1 and my
>      printer is an Epson Stylus 820. Any suggestions
>      gratefully received. John Shaw.

I pressume that you use GSView as a frontend to Ghostscript under

I don´t know wether this option exists under Win3.1 but for the
Win95/NT-version, there is an option called "winprinter" in the
printer-setup-menu, which will rasterize the postscript-file and sent it
to the default windows-printer, which thereafter will output this source
as rastergraphics.

This should work with any properly installed Windows-printer-driver. the
output-quality is very good, at last it is with my printer under Win95.
And it should print everything which can be displayed with GSView.

Marc Saric

Lehrstuhl fuer Biophysik
Projektgruppe Theoretische Biophysik

Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum