looking for molecular drawing software for linux

Walter Koppensteiner walter at came.sbg.ac.at
Thu Feb 26 03:11:54 EST 1998

Ralph Gauges wrote:

> I recently switched from windows95 to linux.  Now I am looking for a
> molecular drawing software to replace ISIS/Draw since it is not
> available for linux.  I would preferably like to have one that writes
> files which can later be used in a wordprocessing program.  So far I
> have not been able to find one on the net.  Does anybody know of such a
> program ?
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
>             Ralph

I don't know the features of ISIS/Draw exactly, but the
CACTVS package contains a molecule editor which may fulfil
your needs.

See: http://schiele.organik.uni-erlangen.de/cactvs/index.html

Bye,
Walter

Walter Koppensteiner

University of Salzburg
Center of Applied Molecular Engineering

Jakob Haringer Strasse 3           Phone: +43-662-8044-5794
A-5020 Salzburg, Austria           Fax:   +43-662-454889
                                   Email: walter at came.sbg.ac.at