Perl vs. C for bioinformatics

Andrey A Ptitsyn andrey at TECHNO.SANBI.AC.ZA
Thu Feb 26 11:07:32 EST 1998

A spoon is best to apply to soup, a forket is better for spagetti.
You should master them both and know how to choose the right tool,
if you don't want to starve. The same applies to programming languages.
There is no sence to discuss which is better.