Mol. Biol. Software

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. srlasky at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 14 18:05:43 EST 1998

Dave:  I'm pretty sure that phred, phrap and consed are still available to
non-profit, grant funded labs.  I'll include the blurb at the beginning of
the doc for phred that can be found at http://www.mbt.washington.edu/.  This
should give people the info about how to find out about copies of these
programs:

*|**************************************************************************
*|*
*|
|*
*|   Program: phred
|*
*|   Version: 0.960108
|*
*|
|*
*|   Copyright (c)  1992-1996 by Phil Green and Brent Ewing.
|*
*|   All rights reserved.
|*
*|
|*
*|   Redistribution of source code or executables, or use for any purpose
|*
*|   other than calling DNA bases in an academic laboratory as part of
|*
*|   strictly academic grant-funded or university-funded research requires
|*
*|   explicit written permission from
|*
*|
|*
*|   Phil Green
|*
*|   Department of Molecular Biotechnology
|*
*|   University of Washington
|*
*|   Box 357730
|*
*|   Seattle, WA  98195-7730
|*
*|
*|   phg at u.washington.edu
|*
*|
|*
*|   Portions of the code or ideas are due to Dave Ficenec, LaDeana
|*
*|   Hillier, Mike Wendl, and Tim Gleeson.  These are indicated
|*
*|   specifically in the relevant source files.
|*
*|