BABEL and torlist

Bernard Murray bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Thu Jul 2 22:02:22 EST 1998

In article <359B78BB.BB70840B at mp-sun1.informatik.uni-mannheim.de>, Eckart
Bindewald <eckart at mp-sun1.informatik.uni-mannheim.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am trying to convert a protein pdb file into a list of its torsion
> angles.
> The program "babel" version 1.6 supports an output format "torlist". Who
> has experience with that format? Where is it defined?
> I expect "torlist" to be a list of torsion angles of a molecule. But the
> results are differenct than the torsion anlges computed with procheck.
> Who can help?
>
> Thanks,
>                 Eckart Bindewald

I am sorry I am not familiar with this version of Babel but if you
want more opinions on torsions...

I am not sure what platform you are using but if you have access
to a C compiler you can download, compile and run Andrew Martin's
"torsions" program;

ftp://bsmcha1.biochem.ucl.ac.uk/pub/martin/torsions.c

I don't have access to my Linux box at the moment but I also
seem to remember that Stride (from the Argos lab) will also provide
this information (as will DSSP).

There are probably also web servers which allow you to run any
of these programs (? Brookhaven, ExPasy).
     Maybe this will help,
          Bernard
--
Bernard Murray, PhD