W3 interface to search SwissPROT with two or more peptide sequences at once

Uwe Baumert baumert at uni-muenster.de
Mon Jul 6 07:41:01 EST 1998

Hi,

I'm looking for an W3 interface to SwissPROT that allows us to search with
two or more peptide sequences (12-18 aa). The peptides derived from
trypsin digestions. Additional information that can be provided are pI and
MW of the undigested protein. All on-line tools I looked so far (starting
with the Tools page at expasy) need at least one sequence and/or pI and/or
MW and/or several MS/MS or MALDI data entries and/or sequence tags. Since
the genome of "our working object" is not subject of a genome project, we
can only look for homology.

Each peptide alone gives several hits (about 60 % homology) using FASTA
but no hits using BLAST.

Thank you in advance,

Uwe Baumert

--
Institut für Allgemeine Zoologie und Genetik
Westf. Wilhelms-Universität