Wanted program for superimposing peptides/proteins

Andrew Martin amartin at stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 16:54:37 EST 1998

Sangeeta Sawant (sangeeta at bioinfo.ernet.in) wrote:
: Hi all!
: I would like to know if there is any software/program (preferably
: shareware/public-domain) which allows to superimpose several
: protein/peptide conformations onto one (say, template confo.) in a batch
: mode. The program may be for either IRIX or OS2 (DEC-ALPHA) or SOLARIS or
: LINUX or DOS (No Mac-OS please). Any help will be appreciated.
: Thanks in advance.
: Sangeeta

Try my ProFit program - designed for protein fitting, but should be
fine for what you want. It uses a script language to control the
fitting and you can easily write a script to run through a whole
set of fits and output the results. It now has around 250 registered
users.

It's written for Unix/Linux, but I've had reports of people using
it under DOS with only minor changes (to things like filenames,
cos the source filenames are too long for DOS) - there are some
instructions with the source.

You can get it from:
  http://www.biochem.ucl.ac.uk/~martin/programs/

Best wishes,