internet connection

Woody yliu098 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 02:27:35 EST 1998

To have a direct link to the internet, you need a direct connection to the
internet.
You can do that with a network card and an ISP providing you the connection.
With modem or ISDN you can connect to the internet when you want, in that
case
you need a modem and an ISP. This applies to a single computer.

For a group of networked computers, you can use one computer as a gateway.
All networked computers can access internet through this computer. However
these computers need to have their proxy setting filled. There are several
softwares can be the proxy server, Microsoft has one, Wingate is a good
choice
too.

Woody

<1998060821163900.RAA07411 at ladder03.news.aol.com>...