GDE under Solaris 2.6

lvirden at lvirden at
Sat Jul 11 09:57:26 EST 1998

According to Francois Jeanmougin <jeanmougin at>:
:In article <6o0kgr$28s$1 at>,
:	frist at (Brian Fristensky) writes:
:> I have heard that Solaris 2.6 may not run OpenWindows
:> applications. I don't know to what extent that may
:> be true. Has anyone tried running GDE under Solaris 2.6?
:titus_bin_> ./gde ./gde: fatal: open failed: No such file or directory
:titus_bin_> uname -a
:SunOS titus 5.6 Generic sun4d sparc SUNW,SPARCserver-1000
:	Well. Perhaps could we find libxview for Solaris2.6
:	Someone saw something like that?

yes - it came installed on my sparc/solaris 2.6 from sun.  Perhaps
someone at your site hasn't installed the openwindows package?
<URL:mailto:lvirden at> Quote: In heaven, there is no panic,
<*> O- <URL:> only planning.