Graphing packages

John Michael Sauder sauder at polaris.fccc.edu
Thu Jul 16 19:52:59 EST 1998

In article <seminar-1507981248400001 at sa-208-226-93-108.cruzio.com> seminar at seminargraphics.com (chris hoffman) writes:
>In article <35aa210f.5160870 at sapphire.acnatsci.org>,
>bernstein at acnatsci.org (Martin J. Bernstein) wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Does anyone know of a graphing package that incorporates a full range
>> of flexible scientific graphing capabilities and high "presentation"
>> quality graphics?
>> --Martin J. Bernstein
>
>To get the best of both worlds, you may try what I often do.  Create your
>graphic in Sigma Plot & then copy the plot & paste it into MS Powerpoint.
>Chris Hoffman, Owner

	I use Kaleidagraph (www.synergy.com) for data analysis (i.e.,
curve fitting) and publication-quality plotting.  When I was faced with
preparing slides, I ended up going the route that Chris mentioned,
that is pasting them into PowerPoint (or importing an EPS version).
I found that I liked the effect of creating a black background in
Kaleidagraph, then specifying white text and colored symbols.  This
looks nice in PowerPoint with a dark or black background.
	I find Kaleidagraph much easier to use than SigmaPlot, and
it is capable of performing almost everything I've ever wanted to
do, except maybe 3-D plots...