CHIME molecule plugin; Kaput?

greg at franklin.burnham-inst.org greg at franklin.burnham-inst.org
Fri Jul 17 11:05:46 EST 1998

The CHIME area at the MDLI site, including downloads, was missing for
about 5 days as far as I can see. I personally find this a bit worrying,
and I would like to know  about the status of this product. Cosmosoftware,
makers of one of the most popular VRML plugins went belly-up last week,
which will incovenience a lot of people programming with it, and that's
not the only VRML plugin available. As far as I'm aware. there's nothing
else like CHIME around. Anyone know what the status/plans are for CHIME?

T. Chyau Liang (tliang at utmmg.med.uth.tmc.edu) wrote:
: Chime is still available.
:
: http://www.mdli.com/download/
:
: ---------------------
:
: In article <6ojgj9$gvh$1 at franklin.ljcrf.edu>,
: greg at franklin.burnham-inst.org () wrote:
:
: Hi, I have been trying to download the Chime molecule plugin from the
: mdli site, but the downloads are no longer there; no examples relating to
: chime either. I was about to start a project that used the plugin
: extensively,  rather than using VRML which is overkill for what I have in
: mind, but it's going to be of no use unless the plugin is freely available.
:
: Does anyone know what the current status is? I'm concerned that if I start
: a project, this will happen again, or a fee will be required for using
: the plugin.
:
: Thanks for any help.
:
: Greg
:
: *****************************************
: Computational Biology
: The Burnham Institute
: 12901 North Torrey Pines road
: La Jolla
: CA92037
:
: Phone:(619) 646 3103
: Email: greg at franklin.ljcrf.edu

Computational Biology Group
The Burnham Institute
(formerly La Jolla Cancer Research Inst.)

Email: greg at franklin.ljcrf.edu
http://franklin.ljcrf.edu/greg
http://www.greg.com/