DNA Array technology

C. Griffin aniya at itsa.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 27 13:14:24 EST 1998

Hello Colleagues,

This post is to announce the initiation of the "Gene-Array" listserv . The
focus of this list is DNA Gene-Chip technology, or more broadly, DNA Array
technology. While the initial impetus for this forum was to be limited to
Affymetrix GeneChip Systems, it is clear for many reasons that a broader
forum is appropriate (alas how shall we state it, the dogs are about the
rabbitŠand for many good reasons). The general goal is to facilitate the
exchange of information in use and experience with these technologies to
the collective benefit of all subscribers.  Currently, this listserv is
not moderated, it is our hope that will not be necessary. However, if need
beŠ so be it.  What follows are instructions for "signing on" for those
who may not be familiar with listservs.

To sign-on:
1. Send a one line e-mail message to: listserv at listserv.ucsf.edu
2. The single line message should be: subscribe Gene-Arrays first name last name

Assuming success, you will in turn receive a response from the Gene-Array
listserv which will provide you practical information regarding the
listserv.

Please feel free to e-mail me in the event you experience any problems
signing-on.

This a second attempt to post, I fear I may have made an error on my first
shot.

Regards

Chandi Griffin
Mol. Bio. Core