Free software in molecular biology draft document

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Thu Jun 25 23:41:11 EST 1998

A book editor talked me into writing a chapter on free software
in molecular biology for Macintosh and Wintel computers. It
abstracts over 150 software titles, from IUBio Archive and
some available at EBI and other locations.

Find the draft of this document at

If you have time and interest, let me know of any suggestions
for improving this before the end of June (the deadline was 1 June,
... oh well).

Thanks much, and especially thanks to the many software authors
who have contributed so many good offerings to public use.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana-u--bloomington-in-47405
-- gilbertd at