I need a parser for BLAST

Mike Mitchell m.mitchell at icrf.icnet.uk
Thu Mar 5 10:34:08 EST 1998

In article <34FDD236.1D0CBFDE at yoga.com>, Gil Kedem <gil at yoga.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm searching for a parser (commercial or freeware) for the Blast
> program.
> Are there any out there?

What sort of parsing?

There was UNIX x windows application called BOB (Blast Output Browser) that
displayed Blast output in a multi-pane window to allow easy looking at the
alignments by clicking on the ranked list.

Currently there is a text version of BOB available, and Andy Law (BBSRC,UK)
has written a very nice Mac version:

>> Begin <<

The laest version of my Macintosh Blast (and FASTA) output browser (MacBOB)
is available for download from
<ftp://ftp.ri.bbsrc.ac.uk/pub/software/MacBOB>.

Changes since the last version are:-

   New file format now handled. BLAST2 as supplied by Michael Mitchell of
   ICRF.

   You can now copy from the hit list in the top pane of a MacBOB window
   (requested by David Morrice)

   MacBOB now remembers the scroll bar settings for each alignment in
   each window. No-one specifically asked for that, but I figured it was
   a neater way of functioning.

Enjoy.

Andy Law
( Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk )
( Big Nose in Edinburgh )

>> End <<

Hope that this helps.

--
Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."