Proteaze mapping with posttranlational modifications?

greg at greg at
Sat Mar 21 17:18:07 EST 1998

Someone asked me whether there was a software package that would do a
proteaze  digest of a sequence and calculate the fragment masses
dependant on the kind of posttranslational modifications that had
occurred (ie. provide multiple masses for each fragment for common types
of modification, eg. phosphorylation). I know that this isn't difficult to
write, and I will do if another package to do this doesn't already exist,
but I won't 'reinvent the wheel' if possible!
Thanks for any suggestions