publication-quality protein alignments

michael.baron at deletethis.bbsrc.ac.uk michael.baron at deletethis.bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue May 5 05:56:46 EST 1998

Jonathan Epstein wrote:

> I am looking for some software to produce attractive proteins alignments
> suitable for publication.  It possible, this software should run on a
> Macintosh or a Web-based platform.

May I suggest MacBoxShade, which is designed to do just this. Output is
in EPSF, PS, PICT, RTF and ASCII formats, lots of options, Mac-type user
interface, complete control of colours used. Input is GCG/ClustalW MSF
file format.

I think it is pretty cool, but then I would, as I am the author ;-)

ftp://ulrec3.unil.ch/pub/boxshade/MacBoxshade

I have also posted it to Don Gilbert's iubio archive in the states, but
I haven't checked where exactly it is filed. If you have problems
getting hold of it, drop me a line.

Michael

Michael D. Baron Ph.D. (michael.baron at deletethis.bbsrc.ac.uk)

Senior Research Scientist