botanical diversity and biological fieldwork

Marco Bleeker mbleeker at euronet.nl
Sun May 24 15:42:43 EST 1998

My source is drying up! I do understand that Newsgroups are less
frequently used for announcements of scientific meetings and other
international events. This is the effect of SPAM. Anyone who posts
a message is punished for at least half year. As a result,
newsgroups are more and more avoided by professional scientists,
quality level is going down, and this place is becoming less
suitable to address fellow scientist or announce symposia.

To announce these events on an appropriate Web page would be a
good alternative. For anything related to botanical diversity and
biological fieldwork, you could use this page:

http://www.euronet.nl/users/mbleeker/bulbo/agenda_e.html

Please feel free to send your announcement by email to me, and I
will put it on-line on this page. I will also point people to
this page in the Newsgroups, and cope with the resulting spam
for you. People interested in these topics could make this page
a bookmark (favorite), or even "subscribe" to it.

I do hope this will work, because otherwise I will be forced to
discontinue this Green Agenda page. And SPAM will not only be
responsible for the degradation of the Newsgroups, but also of
the Web...

Thanks, Marco
Marco Bleeker, Amsterdam, NL ---------------- mbleeker at euronet.nl
Chez Marco's Botany Pages - http://www.euronet.nl/users/mbleeker/