TIGR Assembler under Linux

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Sun May 24 08:38:29 EST 1998

On Sun, 24 May 1998 11:26:23 +0100,
Dr. Duncan Clark (duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk) wrote:
>Tried this and it also falls over.

That's odd - I actually have it working under Windows 95.  I used
the Win32 port of egcs-1.0.2 for the compile.

>One final question. How do you mount a dos partition ie Linux is on
>/dev/hda2 and my DOS c: Partition is on /dev/hda1. I'll be damned if I
>can get the right syntax to mount c: as readable under Linux. Given that
>my 6Mb contig file is on c: it would help!

Create the directory /mnt/dos.  As root, issue the following command.
mount -t msdos /dev/hda1 /mnt/dos

If it is a Windows95 partition, try "mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/dos"

If you want to mount your dos partition automatically during boot,
simply add it to /etc/fstab

Cheers,
Ashok
--