Good programm for enzyme kinetics needed

Pedro Mendes prm at aber.ac.uk
Thu May 28 07:09:23 EST 1998

There have been many replies in this thread to the question of what program
to use for kinetic parameter fitting. Suggestions were (a) use software from
books, (b) KINSIM, (c) Hyper, (d) DynaFit. There are many such programs
around (I'd include Duggleby's DNRP53 as well) but I would really only
reccomend Petr Kuzmic's Dynafit. I'd also strongly reccomend reading his
paper in Anal.Biochem. (v.235, p 260, 1996) as it explains quite
convincingly the problems inherent in kinetic parameter fitting. I'd also
reccomend the following paper: Johnson ML (1992) "Why, when, and how
biochemists should use least squares" Anal.Biochem. 206, 215-225

In short, go with DynaFit which is the best program around for this purpose.

--
Pedro Mendes                                     Inst. Biological Sciences
prm at aber.ac.uk (home: pedro at enzyme.demon.co.uk)  Univ. Wales, Aberystwyth,