help!!!!

Doug Redd ReddD at AURORABIO.COM
Mon Nov 2 10:04:58 EST 1998

I have one of these cd writers and had similar problems until I installed the firmware update available from HP's web site.  I have not had any problems since.  The site is http://www.hp.com/isgsupport/cdr/70index.html#Firmware.

// Doug Redd

-----Original Message-----
From: ALEX GARCIA [mailto:acad at accefyn.org.co]
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 1998 8:51 PM
To: bio-soft at net.bio.net
Subject: help!!!!

I am using a HP cd writer plus (7200 series) and I am having a lot of
troubles!!!!! lots of lots of troubles, I save in a cd using the cd
writer, save lets say for example the netscape installator and some pdb
files in a new CD, everything seems to be ok until there, I try to read
the cd with my cd rom and then troubles start!!! does not allow me to
copy the netscape installator in the hd form the usual cd rom device but
if I try to do it from the cd writer it works just fine, the problem
only presents with some files, the netscape installator for example, or
some pdb files, not all of pdb just some of them, what can I do? please
mail me ASAP