Protease/substrate database?

Edwin ten Dam etd at
Tue Nov 3 07:26:19 EST 1998

In article <71m5u3$j9b$1 at>,
greg at (Dr. Greg Quinn) wrote:

>A colleague has asked me an interesting question which I
>don't readily know the answer to since it's way out of my
>Does anyone know if any lab has compiled an
>protease/substrate database or listing (at least
>one that's highly up-to-date)?
>Thanks for any leads or ideas.

This may answer part of your query:

have a look at MEROPS, a proteinase database:

Edwin ten Dam                                         etd at
School of Biomedical Sciences        -       University of St Andrews
Biomolecular Sciences Bldng, North Haugh,  St Andrews, KY16  9ST U.K.
Phone: +44 1334 463404                         - Fax: +44 1334 462595