Netscape Navigator update problem

Malay curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in
Wed Nov 11 14:52:21 EST 1998

I don't know whether you updated communicator or the Netscape stand alone
browser. There is a difference between  Netscape 4.06 and 4.07 stand alone
browsers so far the directory structure is concerned.

Try this:

Copy the file called "bookmark.htm" from your old "Users\username" directory
to the new "users\username" directory, created by the updated Netscape. This
should overwrite the new bookmark.htm by the old bookmark.htm. Be careful
about the filename. Start Netscape.

To update Netscape you don't have to remove the Users directory anywhere.
Just uninstall the old Netscape and install the new one in the same
directory. Netscape will read the old bookmark.

Malay

:>     911/Nov/98
:>     Can anyone help with the following browser problem?
:>
:>     I uninstalled Netscape Navigator with Cleen Sweep, first
:>     saving bookmarks by putting 'Users' on the desk top as
:>     instructed.
:>     I downloaded and installed version 4.07 but cannot
:>     reinstall the 'Users' folder.
:>     The programs appear to be in a 'Username' folder in a
:>     'Users' folder in the desktop folder and not in a
:>     'Netscape' folder. How do I reinstall my bookmarks?
:>      Netscape's web site is too complex to find tyhis
:>      sort of help. Thanks in anticipation, John Shaw
:>
:>
:
: