Lab FloorplanSoftware?

Dean Pentcheff dean2 at
Wed Nov 25 11:19:49 EST 1998

"Larry \"Harris\" Taylor, Ph.D." <lpt at> writes:
> We  are looking for free/share/commercial PC based software to examine
> various equipment configurations  within an  existing  laboratory
> floorplan.
> Any suggestions?

I know this will sound horribly low-tech, but...  We've had good
success with paper cutouts.  I've used a commercial drawing program
that allows you to create objects with exact dimensions (Visio at, as well as outlining the room and utility
locations.  You can either drag the objects around on the screen or
print them, cut them out, and physically shuffle them around on a
paper floorplan.  As I said, low-tech, but it works well.

N. Dean Pentcheff                                     <dean2 at>
Biological Sciences, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia SC 29208 (803-777-7068)