FASTA v3.1t12 linux patch

tendo tendo at nucleus.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 1 15:12:14 EST 1998

Thanks to Dr. Bill Pearson, I could download FASTA v3.1t12 recently.

Somehow, the source code didn't compile.
Did anybody experience the same problem?

Although I was not sure whether or not it was specific to my environment,
I found the reason mainly because nrand32.o was not linked to
most of the executable files in Makefile.linux.
So I made patch to fix this problem, which is available at

    ftp://toshi-pc.fas.harvard.edu/pub/fasta/linux.patch

I also modified a couple of source codes to enable thread version
on linux which is included in the patch above.

If you're interested please read

    ftp://toshi-pc.fas.harvard.edu/pub/fasta/README

for detailed instruction.

Please note that I haven't done many test.
At least in my environment below, it compiles and runs.

    i686-pc-linux-glibc
    egcs-1.1b (gcc-2.9.1)

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
Toshinori Endo
Harvard University Biological Laboratories
tendo at fas.harvard.edu