Adobe Acrobat <-> Ghostscript

Rene Nederhand rj.nederhand at
Thu Oct 8 07:37:26 EST 1998

On 7 Oct 1998 14:03:03 +0100, "Malay" <curiouser at>

>Adobe Acrobat reads a particular type of file format with an extension of
>.pdf. PDF file format is the most common format in which articles are
>distributed in Internet. Though Adobe Acrobat is a commercial software, the
>reader is distributed freely. With the reader you can only view a PDF
>document and print it but can't do any manipulation of the original

When you install Ghostscript (freeware) it is possible to convert a
postscript file into a .pdf file. For almost every printer there is a
free postscript driver so it is possible to make your own .pdf files
from every document you have.
Ghostscript also alows you to view these files, convert en print them
as well as a lot of other formats.
As far as I now  there is a version for Dos, Windows and Linux. It is
a very good program and completely free.