Bioinformatics system design project --- request comments

Jerry Learn learn at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 14 23:18:48 EST 1998

In article <evans-1410981829400001 at 199.106.180.104>, evans at funtv.com (Mark
Evans) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My company is interested in putting together an in-house system that would
> be able to identify quality ORF's from assembled public human EST/GenBank
> data.  One of the main problems, as always, is budget limitations. We
> would like to be able to build such a system from publicly available or
> low cost software. In other words, we want to take something like Unigene,
> clean it up, generate consesi, check for the presence of full length ORF
> and sort full length vs. not yet full length.  What search programs,
> contig assembly programs etc. would work best?

Let me see if I have this straight: you and your company want to
cannibalize someone else's code and you want us to tell you where to look
for it.

Is that right?

LoL

_____

Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Health Sci. Ctr., Rm. K443-C      |
Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at u.washington.edu
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |   FAX: (206) 616-1575
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |