Software for stability of secondary structure

Vladimir Svetlov svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 23 11:49:52 EST 1998

In article <909118359.736651 at news1.ucsd.edu>, "Antonin Tutter"
<atutter at aim.salk.edu> wrote:

> I may not speak for everyone reading this thread, but I think it has drifted
> well off it's intended course.  Let's put our egos aside, stop wasting
> bandwidth on these silly retorts, and get back to constructive intellectual
> exchange.

OK. The answer is that there is nothing on the web that can "measure" the
stability of the protein secondary structure. End of constructive exchange.

On a non-constructive note - how does one measure a stability of a
predicted structure?                                ^^^^^^^
Take a CD on a printout as a function of temperature?
There is a joke popular among (some) physicists about badly formulated
problems, the one about a guy and a goldfish that grunted him three wishes.
The first wish goes like "I want to be a famous scientist!". "OK, - saz the
fish, close your eyes and count to ten". On "ten" guy opens his eyes to
find himself in a badly lighted dangeon where a grey-clad figure asks him
"So what exactly were you saying about the Havens, Mr. Giordano Bruno?"...

Cheers,
V.

--
Vladimir Svetlov, PhD