Job Position @ SGI

Haruna Cofer haruna at
Tue Apr 13 15:39:05 EST 1999

SGI is looking to hire an applications engineer (see job description
below) for our SGI Chemistry & Biology Team.  If interested, please
contact my manager Roberto Gomperts (see contact information below).

Haruna  :)

 Position: Applications Engineer ChemBio

 Hiring Manager: Roberto Gomperts
                 One Cabot Road
                 Hudson, MA 01749
                 EMail: roberto at
                 Phone: (978) 567-2251

 Location: Hudson, MA (Boston)
   + Provide technical and marketing support for computational chemistry
and or bioinformatics applications
   + Maintain technical relationship with software vendors, developers
and or integrators of the assigned applications
   + Research and apply differentiating techniques to the assigned
   + Using the assigned applications, interact with SGI engineering to
validate and improve system software and hardware
   + Share relevant acquired knowledge with SGI's chembio team, other
applications groups and the broader SGI engineering and marketing
   + Assist in pre- and post-sales situations where specialized
expertise is required and leverage is possible.

      Requisites Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology or
related sciences:
        + Minimum two years experience with source code development:
performance evaluation, performance tuning
        + Experience with Chemical or Biological Databases