Francis Ouellette francis at CMMT.UBC.CA
Fri Apr 16 12:06:31 EST 1999

George Armhold wrote:

> Funny, I often find the "human readble" to be harder to parse than the
> machine variety.  But I haven't done any work with ASN.1 yet.

I should point out that there is a 'human-readable" version of ASN.1
(as well as a binary version), as you can see here:

and text-ASN.1 for the same file (accession: L12345):

The only difference is that the Dopt (display option) which is g
(genbank) or a (ASN.1).

| B.F. Francis Ouellette                     tel: (604) 875-3815  |
| Director, Bioinformatics Core Facility     fax: (604) 875-3800  |
| Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, UBC, Canada     |
| francis at             |

Canadian Bioinformatics Workshop Series: