seeking Java code for molecular biology apps

Joe Ryan jfryan at NHGRI.NIH.GOV
Mon Apr 26 17:22:34 EST 1999

A search at AltaVista on "+java +bioinformatics" returned 16949 web pages
so that might be a good starting point for you.
You may find Tom Christiansen's complex datastructure modules and
implementations on CPAN helpful for future Perl projects...

Here are some Bioinformatic Java Applications from my bookmarks...

The CBIL group at the University of Pennsylvania maintains bioWidgets for Java

Don Gilbert has written some nice Applications

Lincoln Stein has written a Java interface to ACEDB

JaMBW, the Java based Molecular Biologist's Workbench

Joseph Ryan
Perl Freak
National Human Genome Research Institute