PlasmidDrawing for Mac?

aroter at aroter at
Mon Apr 26 19:53:36 EST 1999

In article <3701ECD1.1A1959A at>,
  m.winter at wrote:
> Hi all,
> can anyone recommend a Plasmid Drawing package for the Mac? I already
> know MacPlasmap but look for something more advanced ...
> Thanks.
> Markus

There is also a program called Plasmid ARTIST that I wrote several years ago.
 It is still available commercially.  There is information at It is pretty dated, but depending on what you need, it
might do what you want. The basics of this program were written 9 years ago,
before large scale sequencing was commonplace, so it is really oriented
towards creating plasmid diagrams, not necessarily with supporting sequence.
Take a look at the demo. Alan Roter