Database integration with sequence analysis software - how?

Piotr Kozbial piotrk at ibb.waw.pl
Sun Aug 15 14:55:01 EST 1999

In article <37B08167.9F6F83A7 at icrf.icnet.uk>,
Arne Mueller <a.mueller at icrf.icnet.uk> wrote:
[...]
> Is there any documentation about integrating biological information in
> relational databases, any staring points?

There is almos no documentation on the Internet. The following links are
the only information I have found so far.

DBI (database interface module for Perl)
http://www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI/doc/tpj5/index.html

Prostate Expression Database
http://chroma.mbt.washington.edu/PEDB/
In "Software Archive--PERL MODULES" there is the sourse code of
"OracleInstance.pm" that uses DBI::Oraperl to create packages(classes)
on the fly for oracle tables so perl programs can treat rows like Perl5
objects.

Conference: "Data Mining for Bioinformatics - Towards In Silico
Biology", 10-12 November 1999
http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/datamining99/

Databases:
http://www.postgresql.org/index.html (Object-Relational DBMS)