Parser for ASN.1 or GenBank?

Arne Mueller a.mueller at icrf.icnet.uk
Tue Aug 24 10:10:36 EST 1999

Hi All,

I'm looking for some free software to parse GenBank flat file format or
better ASN.1 format. Is there any perl or better python module available
to read in an ASN.1 file and to presnet all the information in a
datastructure (hashes, lists, objects whatever ...)?

I'm interested in genomic ORFs but flat FASTA amino acid files do not
provide enough information for my purpose, also I'd like (have) to
automize most of the dataprocessing. I know there must be a parser
(written in C) included in the NCBI toolkit but I'd like to have
something written in perl or python.

	Any suggestions,
	Thanks alot,

	Arne