Transmembrane prediction

Mike Mitchell m.mitchell at
Thu Dec 2 06:57:09 EST 1999

In article <384572FD.50EDB1EB at>, Arne Mueller
<a.mueller at> wrote:

> I'm looking for a transmembrane prediction program, the source code
> should be free available for academic use. I've to install the program
> on site for large scale use so I can't use a web-service. I've already
> tried MEMSAT and TOPPRED2. Both programs seem to overpredict
> transmembrane helices in some sequences.

In general the ExPASy website is a good starting point for protein analysis

and in particular:

You may also want to try:

Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."
Molecular Biology Software      Ace Rimmer, Test Pilot
+44 (0)171 269 3115                BBC-TV Red Dwarf           ENFJ