Transmembrane prediction

Mike Mitchell m.mitchell at icrf.icnet.uk
Thu Dec 2 06:57:09 EST 1999

In article <384572FD.50EDB1EB at icrf.icnet.uk>, Arne Mueller
<a.mueller at icrf.icnet.uk> wrote:

> I'm looking for a transmembrane prediction program, the source code
> should be free available for academic use. I've to install the program
> on site for large scale use so I can't use a web-service. I've already
> tried MEMSAT and TOPPRED2. Both programs seem to overpredict
> transmembrane helices in some sequences.

In general the ExPASy website is a good starting point for protein analysis
resources:

   http://www.expasy.ch/

and in particular:

    http://www.expasy.ch/tools/#transmem

You may also want to try:

    http://azusa.proteome.bio.tuat.ac.jp/sosui/mem_pred.html

--
Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."