New version of DAMBE

Xia Xuhua xxia at hkusub.hku.hk
Mon Dec 6 20:20:18 EST 1999

Dear All,

I have released a new version of DAMBE with many enhancement and a
comprehensive help system. The software is available from my web site:

http://web.hku.hk/~xxia/software/software.htm

DAMBE (Data Analysis in Molecular Biology and Evolution) is an integrated
software package for retrieving, organizing, manipulating, aligning,
graphically displaying, and analyzing molecular sequence data. Many tools
for comparative sequences analysis and extensive tests of alternative
phylogenetic hypotheses have been implemented. Although DAMBE is mainly
for molecular sequence data, allele frequency data can also be used by
DAMBE for calculating genetic distances or phylogenetic reconstruction.

DAMBE runs on Windows 95/98/NT (including the MACs that installed the
virtual PC software).

Two rare installation problems have been addressed by Microsoft and I have
included the links to the Microsoft solutions related to DAMBE
installation.

Best.
Xuhua
Dr. Xuhua Xia                       | Tel: (852) 2857 8239 (lab)
Dept. Ecol. & Biod.                 | Tel: (852) 2975 5629 (office)
Rm 603, T.T. Tsui Building          | Fax: (852) 2517 6082
The University of Hong Kong         | Email: xxia at hkusua.hku.hk
Pukfulam Road                       | WWW: http://web.hku.hk/~xxia
Hong Kong                           |