Blast Job manager/organizer

Dr. Greg Quinn greg at franklin.burnham-inst.org
Fri Dec 17 11:35:49 EST 1999

Nirav Merchant (nirav at arl.arizona.edu_no_spam) wrote:
: Greetings,
:     Our lab is doing a lot of blast searches [to local and ncbi via
: blast client]. Is there a tool to manage multiple blast jobs and
: sort/collate the results.
:     Currently we are using MSPCrunch, Blixem to visualize and saving
: data as .ace format.
:
: thanks,
: Nirav
:
:

We have implemented our own BLAST management/alert system here (called
XNotify), based on MySQL and with a web interface, but unfortunately
it's not ready for general distribution. It's really not that difficult
to set up batch BLASTing, a BLAST parser and small database system to
do this kind of thing; let me know if you need some pointers to achieve
this.
Cheers
Greg

Computational Biology Group
The Burnham Institute
(formerly La Jolla Cancer Research Inst.)
10901 North Torrey Pines road
La Jolla
CA92037

Phone:(858) 646 3103